As all parents are probably aware, August means sending our children back to school. The National Safety Council recognizes August 15 through September 15 as Back to School Month to help raise awareness and return our children safely to school.
Many of the injuries suffered by school children every year are completely preventable. To help your child arrive at school safely each day, remind your child of these tips:
- Walk on the sidewalk or facing on-coming traffic if there is no sidewalk.
- Before crossing the street, look left, right, and left again.
- Use crosswalks when you can.
- If riding a bike, stay on the right side of the road, single file.
- Always wear a securely fitting helmet for biking.
- When catching the bus, stand 6 feet back from the curb.
- When crossing the street in front of the bus, walk far enough ahead that you can see the bus driver and he or she can see you.
At The Gilbert Law Group, we are dedicated to fighting for the justice that victims of defective products and accidents deserve. If you or a loved one has been injured, please call (303) 431-1111 today or contact The Gilbert Law Group to speak with one of our experienced lawyers.