Now that children have unwrapped all of their holiday gifts and are happily playing with new toys, it's time to consider the steps you can take to make sure play time remains fun and doesn't end with an unexpected trip to the emergency room.
One of the keys to keeping your children safe is to always supervise their play. It can be tempting to take some extended quiet time for yourself while they play, but keep in mind that accidents happen in an instant. It is important to check in periodically on their well-being.
Other tips to keep in mind, include:
- Putting toys away after play.
- Checking toys regularly to ensure that they haven't broken, such as wooden splinters or broken parts that could be choking hazards.
- Repairing broken toys before they are used again.
- Throwing damaged toys away.
- Cleaning toys according to manufacturer's directions. Some plastic toys can be cleaned in the dishwasher, but many will need to be washed by hand.
If your child has suffered injuries because of a defective toy, please call the experienced product defect attorneys at The Gilbert Law Group at (303) 431-1111 today for your consultation. We are committed to protecting consumers nationwide.