A day at the pool, either at home or at a community pool, should be a relaxing day of fun for the whole family. Tragically, a day at the pool can turn from carefree to threatened by injury or drowning in moments. Being aware of and prepared for the potential danger around a pool or spa can help your family enjoy a stress-free day.
- Learn how to perform CPR on adults and children.
- Make sure children know how to swim.
- Teach children basic water safety tips.
- Keep a phone nearby in case of emergency.
- Do not allow running or horseplay around the edge of the pool.
- Keep children away from openings, such as drains and pipes, to avoid entrapment.
- Ensure that lifeguards are on duty at a community pool.
- Always supervise children in and around the water.
If a child is missing at a home with a pool, check the pool first. In emergency circumstances, seconds matter.
Has your child or other loved one suffered severe injuries at the pool. Please call (303) 431-1111 today or contact The Gilbert Law Group for your consultation with one of our experienced pool safety attorneys.