Each year electrical burns cause nearly 1,000 deaths in the United States, and electrical fires affect over 25,000 homes around the country. Knowing the potential dangers in your home can save you and your children from being a victim of an electrical burn injury.
Follow these safety tips to prevent electrical burns to your family:
- Use covers on all electrical outlets.
- Do not leave electrical cords within a small child’s reach.
- Teach your children early on that they should never play with electrical outlets or cords and they should never play on or near power lines outside.
- Do not overload electrical outlets.
- If you see frayed wires, it’s time to replace the wire or the appliance.
- Clothes dryers can be fire hazards when you allow lint to accumulate. Make sure to get them cleaned.
- Keep clothes and curtains away from heaters and other appliances.
- Contact a qualified electrician if you are experiencing electrical issues such as flickering lights, broken wall outlets, or constantly tripping breakers.
At The Gilbert Law Group, we are dedicated to representing victims who have been seriously injured by burns. If your child has suffered a burn injury, call the experienced Denver burn injury attorneys at(303) 431-1111 today for your consultation.