It's time for spring break and that first great vacation of the year. For most college students this means road trip. When you head off to the beach or the mountains or wherever your fun-filled destination may be, remember these safety tips to keep you and your friends safe while traveling.
- For long road trips make sure to take turns behind the wheel. This will keep every driver rested and alert if they spend limited hours in the driver’s seat.
- The person in the front passenger seat should stay awake to keep the driver company and help them stay alert.
- Take a map. Although everyone relies on cell phones for navigation, it is always useful to have a backup plan in a strange city or out on the road where you may not have cell coverage.
- Do not leave valuables in plain view in your car.
- NEVER text and drive. As harmless as it may seem to take your eyes off the road for a few seconds, you can cause a serious accident in that amount of time that can cost you and your friends your lives.
At The Gilbert Law Group, we are dedicated to representing victims who have been seriously injured in car accidents. If you or your family member has suffered severe injuries, call the experienced Denver injury attorneys at (303) 431-1111 today for your consultation.