The holidays are right around the corner. While that brings good times with family and holiday cheer, it also brings some of the most dangerous driving days of the year. Remember to take extra care when you are driving on these days.
- Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is a driving holiday. AAA estimates that more than 45 million Americans take to the road and travel at least 50 miles to get to their destination.
- Black Friday. An estimated 70 million shoppers are out each year for Black Friday bargain shopping. The number of insurance claims reported for that day can double and parking lot accidents can triple.
- NFL Game Days. A Highway Loss Data Institute survey found that game accidents around the stadium can increase anywhere from 8 to 79 percent.
- December Holidays. Whether it is the poor winter weather conditions, the stress of the holidays, or the distraction of family, December accidents increase roughly 20 percent according to the Highway Loss Data Institute.
- New Year’s Day. New Year’s Day is more deadly than New Year’s Eve. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, New Year’s Day has the highest percentage of car accident deaths related to alcohol.
At The Gilbert Law Group®, we encourage you to slow down this holiday season. Avoid the busiest times on the roads if you can, and give your family the gift of a safe holiday.
If you or your loved one has suffered severe injuries in a car accident, call (303) 431-1111 for your free consultation with an experienced auto injury lawyer. We represent clients nationwide.