Halloween is fast approaching. Time for all the little ghouls and super heroes and princesses to take to the streets. As you get ready to take your little ones out for this annual candy-achieving adventure, keep these safety tips in mind to make sure your family has a safe and happy Halloween night.
- Use reflective tape or glow necklaces to keep children visible in the dark.
- Always trick-or-treat in a group with at least one adult supervising.
- Light your way between houses with a flashlight.
- Walk, don’t run, between houses to ensure safe footing and avoid falls.
- Make sure masks are cut well enough to allow children to see clearly.
- Use crosswalks when possible.
- Stick to the sidewalks and avoid walking in the street.
- Don’t enter stranger’s homes.
- Don’t take rides from strangers.
- Only visit well-lit houses.
- Avoid homemade treats from strangers. Check bags for factory wrapped treats.
- Limit the amount of treats children consume in one night.
- Examine all treats to make sure they are free from choking hazards.
- Remove makeup before bed to prevent skin irritation.
The attorneys and staff of The Gilbert Law Group hope you have a spooky, safe Halloween. We are committed to making our community a safer place for our children.