Denver Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Our Team Represents the Victims of Severe Injury
Taking an evening stroll with your family, walking to work, or exploring a new city by foot can provide some of life’s simple pleasures, and can improve your health and well-being. However, walking in areas with vehicle traffic can be dangerous if any distracted or reckless drivers are around. Pedestrians can be seriously injured even in accidents that do not involve high speeds.
Sadly, hit-and-runs involving pedestrians are more common than those involving other vehicles. This increases the risk to an accident victim and makes it much harder to find the at-fault driver. However, you may still have options. Our attorneys are here to investigate your case and help you fight for the compensation you need.
The Gilbert Law Group® is home to award-winning attorneys who have won over $1 billion for clients. Reach out to us if you or a loved one needs a strong representative.
Call (888) 711-5947 to schedule a free consultation with one of our Denver attorneys. We have been helping pedestrian accident victims for over 50 years.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics
Despite nationwide efforts to raise awareness surrounding pedestrian safety, injuries and fatalities are still tragically common, particularly in school zones and pedestrian-dense areas.
- In 2018, 6,283 pedestrians were involved in fatal accidents, accounting for 17% of all traffic fatalities, according to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- Since 1975, the rate of pedestrian deaths has increased by 50%.
- Fatal pedestrian accidents are more likely to happen after night falls, and the increase in deadly after-dark accidents has been much larger than the increase in daytime accidents.
- A San Diego study found pedestrian accidents are 6 times more likely to happen in marked crosswalks without traffic signals or stop signs than intersections without crosswalks or those with traffic control measures.
Auto-pedestrian accidents can result in some of the most devastating injuries possible, including:
These injuries can require long-term or even lifetime medical care that costs hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars. Our attorneys can help you ask for fair and full compensation so you can cover medical bills and other needs. For those who have lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident, our firm can help you bring a wrongful death claim against the at-fault driver.
How We Can Help Your Fight for Compensation
Families struggling with the effects of catastrophic injuries to their loved ones often are overwhelmed with doctor’s visits, ongoing medical tests, and the multi-step insurance claims process. Our attorneys can take on some of this work, leaving you and your loved ones more time to spend on your health.
You deserve an experienced advocate on your side in this fight. We can help you identify liable parties and hold them accountable for their negligence. Fault for a pedestrian accident may lay with:
- Negligent or impaired drivers;
- Local governments, property owners, or construction companies who create confusing or dangerous conditions on sidewalks and roadways;
- The employers of drivers who are operating in the scope of their employment when they cause an auto-pedestrian accident;
- Manufacturers of automobile components if there is a defective part that may have caused the offending vehicle to involuntarily accelerate or fail to brake properly; and
- Owners of public buildings such as malls and hospitals who fail to construct barriers to protect pedestrians from careless drivers.
Call (888) 711-5947 if you would like to talk to our pedestrian accident lawyers about your rights. We are proud to serve clients in Denver and beyond.
Leaders in Product Liability
We’ve taken on big corporations like Ford, Chrysler, General Motors, and other automakers to protect the rights of injured consumers.
Nationally Recognized Personal Injury Law FirmOur Firm is a member of the Inner Circle of Advocates and a recipient of "Best Law Firms" by U.S. News.
Making the World Safer
After being challenged by our lawyers, major companies have pulled defective products off the market.
Engineering Team on Staff
The Gilbert Law Group® is the only firm in the U.S. to have an in-house engineering team to assess and explain product defects.
Over One Billion Dollars RecoveredSince 1969, we have fought aggressively for our clients, never turning away from even the most formidable opponents.
When you are facing complex legal issues and high-profile defendants, you need a lawyer who knows how to fight these battles. Our team has taken on some of our nation’s biggest corporations and, with the help of our network of professional consultants and our skilled in-house engineering team, can help jurors make sense of highly technical evidence.
Auto Accident $9,500,000
Rear Collision Injury $5,500,000
Frontal Impact $3,000,000
Rear Impact Collision $2,600,000
Frontal Collision Accident $2,600,000
The Gilbert Law Group® has decades of experience investigating and litigating complex motor vehicle accidents. Our nationally renowned team of investigators, engineers, and attorneys will thoroughly investigate your accident and identify all parties who should be held responsible for your injuries or the loss of your loved one. We are dedicated to helping the wrongfully injured find justice and recover the financial compensation they need to move their lives forward.