What To Do After an Auto Accident
Contact a Denver Car Accident Lawyer
When you are involved in an auto accident, the experience can leave you frustrated and feeling helpless. Suddenly you are suffering with injuries and expenses that you never planned for. At The Gilbert Law Group®, our experienced attorneys can help you through the legal process to pursue the compensation you need for recovery.
Tips to Remember
The aftermath of a car accident can be chaotic and confusing. Remember these tips to help you stay in control of the situation:
- Check for injuries and call for medical help. The first priority after any accident should be seeking medical attention for yourself and others. You should be checked out by medical professionals on the scene and follow up with your doctor afterward. Some injuries, such as whiplash, are not apparent for 24-48 hours after the accident.
- Call the police. One of the best ways to record an accurate and immediate account of what happened is to give that information to the police. When you talk to the investigating officer on the scene, he or she will record that in the police report. It is best to record information when it is freshest in your mind, immediately following the event.
- Take pictures of the scene. If you have the ability to take pictures at the scene of the accident, then use your cell phone or camera to document damage to the vehicle, your visible injuries, and the general scene of the accident. Do not interfere with the police investigation of the scene. And if you are injured, remember that seeking medical attention is more important than anything else.
- Exchange information with the other drivers. Make sure to write down the names, addresses, and phone numbers of everyone involved in the accident and any witnesses.
- Protect your rights. Call an experienced attorney as soon as possible after your accident to ensure that your rights are protected. Do not sign anything or settle with the insurance company until you have spoken with an attorney.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an auto accident, please call (888) 711-5947 today to speak with one of our experienced Denver auto accident attorneys. We are dedicated to helping victims recover the compensation they need.
Leaders in Product Liability
We’ve taken on big corporations like Ford, Chrysler, General Motors, and other automakers to protect the rights of injured consumers.
Nationally Recognized Personal Injury Law Firm
Our Firm is a member of the Inner Circle of Advocates and a recipient of "Best Law Firms" by U.S. News.
Making the World Safer
After being challenged by our lawyers, major companies have pulled defective products off the market.
Engineering Team on Staff
The Gilbert Law Group® is the only firm in the U.S. to have an in-house engineering team to assess and explain product defects.
Over One Billion Dollars Recovered
Since 1969, we have fought aggressively for our clients, never turning away from even the most formidable opponents.
When you are facing complex legal issues and high-profile defendants, you need a lawyer who knows how to fight these battles. Our team has taken on some of our nation’s biggest corporations and, with the help of our network of professional consultants and our skilled in-house engineering team, can help jurors make sense of highly technical evidence.
Record Trial Court Verdict - Products Case $52,000,000
Truck Burn Injury $51,100,000
Record Trial Verdict - Rear-end Collision $43,200,000
Jury Verdict Brain Damage Case $35,000,000
Heavy Truck Fire Case $29,500,000
Bad Faith Insurance - Head On Auto Collision $17.8 Million
Record Jury Verdict - Seat Belt Failure $17,500,000
Auto Accident $9,500,000
Auto Defect $9,000,000
Wrongful Death $8,400,000