Each year in the United States, firefighters are called to almost 2,400 structural fires that were caused by gasoline. More than 100 people die and 313 people are injured from these gasoline related fires. To protect your family from serious burn injury, remember these gasoline safety tips:
- Keep gasoline away from the reach of children.
- Do not allow children to handle gasoline or play around or with stored gas containers.
- Store gasoline away from potential ignition sources, such as electrical devices.
- Used only approved containers to store gasoline.
- Only store small amounts of gasoline need to power equipment.
- Do not use gasoline inside your home.
- Do not use gasoline as a cleaning fluid.
- Do not use gasoline in place of kerosene.
- Clean gasoline spills immediately and let rags or paper towels dry before throwing them in the trash.
- Never smoke when handling gasoline.
Our attorneys at The Gilbert Law Group® are dedicated to helping burn victims recover the compensation and justice they deserve. If your child has suffered a severe burn injury because of a gasoline fire, call the experienced Denver burn injury attorneys at (303) 431-1111 today for your consultation.