September is National Baby Safety Month. At The Gilbert Law Group®, we want to share these tips for creating a safer environment for your baby.
- Learn proper baby wearing. Many carriers are designed to keep your baby close and free your hands for other tasks. However, it is very important to ensure that you are carrying your baby in a position that will not harm him or her. Check your carrier’s instructions and Baby Wearing International’s Safety Tips.
- Watch pets and baby carefully. Especially when you first bring your baby home, you should watch how your pets react and never leave baby unattended with a pet. The Humane Society offers great tips for introducing pets to baby.
- Get your car seat installation checked. Three out of four car seats are improperly installed. Make sure you have installed your child’s seat correctly at a local child seat inspection station.
- Know first aid. Take an infant/child CPR class so you know how to respond for your child in emergency situations.
- Co-sleep safely. Sharing your bed with your infant can benefit you and baby, but it can also be dangerous. Make sure you know the risks and precautions of co-sleeping.
- Bathe baby with confidence. Many new parents fear bathing their infant, but you can keep your child safe and clean by learning a few infant bathing tips.
At The Gilbert Law Group®, our attorneys are committed to creating a safer world for our children. If you child has been injured in an accident, call (303) 431-1111 for your free consultation with an experienced injury lawyer. We represent clients nationwide.