Devin Daines focuses his multi-state practice in the area of high stakes products liability litigation. He has first chair experience at virtually every stage of the legal process. Through persuasive written and oral advocacy, Devin has successfully secured early settlements, judgments, multiple trial verdicts, appellate victories and other favorable outcomes for his clients.
Prior to joining the Gilbert Law Group, Devin worked for national and regional law firms where he primarily defended large corporate clients. In fact, Devin began his legal career in West Virginia where he frequently represented industrial equipment and underground coal mining equipment manufacturers in complex products liability actions. Desiring a higher level of professional satisfaction, Devin now advances the noble causes of improved safety and recompensing the “Main Street” individuals who have been injured by dangerous and defective products. Devin is uniquely positioned to anticipate the defense strategy and tactics in light of his prior experience.
While in law school, Devin completed a dual-level federal clerkship with Judge Thomas Hardiman on the Third Circuit Court of Appeals and with Judge Nora Barry Fischer on the Western District of Pennsylvania. Devin was also honored to serve as an Associate & Senior Notes Editor on the West Virginia Law Review, which published an article he authored.
Outside of the office, Devin enjoys volunteering in his community, spending time with his beautiful wife, Melanie, and their four children, playing the piano and guitar, and hiking the Colorado mountains.
- J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2011), with honors
- West Virginia Law Review
- CALI Awards (Top Exam Score) – Civil Procedure, Business Organizations, Appellate Advocacy
- B.S., Economics, Political Science, summa cum laude, Utah State University (2008)
- Dean’s List, Political Science Honor Society, USU Finance Club President
Bar and Court Admissions
- West Virginia (inactive)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Utah
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit